- Building Division
- Planning Division
- Feedback Form
Planning Applications and Handouts
All entitlements administered by the Planning Division require completed application forms and checklists. If you have questions on how to fill out applications or what materials are required, contact the Planning Division.
You may fill out most of these forms in Adobe Reader. For forms that require signatures, please print out the completed forms and sign them. You may fax, email scanned copies to us, or bring them in person to the counter.
Please fill out the General Application Form first.
Go to forms and handouts:
- For homeowners who wish to modify Single Family Homes
- For homeowners who wish to rent all or a portion of their home for stays of less than 30 days
- For Small Business Owners and Realtors
- For Developers and Owners of properties other than Single-Family Home
- Listed by Alphabetical Order
All fees are subject to a 9% administrative overhead fee. There are two types of fees for entitlements:
- a flat fee, or
- a deposit plus staff time and materials (Cost Recovery).
The Cost Recovery Fee System is for entitlements that are more complex and require public noticing. These applications require a deposit and a completed Cost Recovery Form. A cost recovery application means that the applicant will be billed for the full cost of processing the application based on staff time and materials over and above the amount of the deposit.
Contact Information11 English St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
Hours: 8am - 4pm
Monday through Thursday – Closed every Friday
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Mondays through Thursdays, Closed Fridays