- Economic Development
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Successor Agency
- Only nonprofit or community events can be advertised.
- No political campaign advertising is permitted – this includes local races such as school board, hospital board, city or county elections.
- Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. Call 707–778–4345 for assistance.
- Banners may be hung for a maximum two-week period, on a space-available, first come/first served basis.
- Banners must have slits cut in them to allow the wind to pass through.
- Only one banner may be hung at each location at any one time. Banners may be printed on both sides, however, if nonprofits choose to share banner space.
- No banners may be hung the week before Thanksgiving through the first week in January to allow for downtown holiday decorations.
- It is the permittee’s responsibility to arrange for the hanging of the banners. Location of hooks for the banners are on private property, and property owners do not permit ladders placed against their buildings. The City does not hang banners. You must arrange to have your banner hung by a sign company or by a company who has a bucket truck. Check the phone directory for licensed companies providing this service.
Banners May Be Hung Across the Following Streets and Locations:
- Location #1 – D Street – 149 C Street and 200 First Street
- Location #2 – Kentucky Street - 140 Kentucky Street and 141/143 Kentucky Street
Contact InformationCity Manager,
John C. Brown
Assistant City Manager,
11 English St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
Hours 8 am to 5 pm
Monday through Thursday. Closed Fridays.
Phone: (707) 778-4345
Fax: (707) 778-4419