- Economic Development
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Successor Agency
Petaluma SMART Rail Station Areas: TOD Master Plan
On June 17, 2013 the Petaluma City Council adopted the Petaluma SMART Rail Station Areas: TOD Master Plan, the Amended SmartCode, and a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the project. The SmartCode serves as the zoning ordinance for the Central Petaluma Specific Plan area, and the Amended SmartCode below will replace the SmartCode included in the Central Petaluma Specific Plan effective August 1, 2013.
- FINAL Petaluma SMART Rail Station Areas: TOD Master Plan
- AMENDED SmartCode
- Mitigated Negative Declaration
FINAL Technical Memorandums
The following memos guided the development of the Petaluma SMART Rail Station Areas: TOD Master Plan.
- Market Demand Study Findings Report
- Station Access and Circulation Plan and Design Standards Memo
- Parking Demand Analysis and Potential TOD Parking Policies Memo
- Infrastructure Needs Analysis and Financing Strategy Memo
- Affordable Housing Strategy Memo
- Development Incentives Memo
- Integration of Historic Preservation Memo
Petaluma received funding from MTC and ABAG as part of the Station Area Planning Program. The program funds planning efforts that seek to increase transit ridership by maximizing the potential for transit-oriented development around current or future transit stations or corridors. The City Council selected Opticos Design, Inc. from Berkeley, CA to lead the consultant team and work with City staff and the community for this exciting planning effort.
The primary objectives of the Station Area Master Plan include:
- Provide a framework that will guide future development and redevelopment within the station areas toward uses that will support transit ridership.
- Improve motorized, non-motorized, and transit connectivity between the station sites and existing adjacent commercial, employment, and residential areas.
- Develop and implement urban design standards that promote walkable and livable environments within the station area.
- Identify infrastructure needs and a financing plan with an emphasis on funding opportunities to incentivize future development/redevelopment.
- Inform the public and stakeholders about the master plan process, transit-oriented design concepts, and future opportunities within the two station areas.
- Create an integrated development plan that capitalizes on the SMART rail system.
Citizen's Advisory Committee
The City Council appointed a 17-member Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) to collaborate with the design team and with the public in developing the Master Plan. The CAC provided input throughout the project.
Contact InformationCity Manager,
John C. Brown
Assistant City Manager,
11 English St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
Hours 8 am to 5 pm
Monday through Thursday. Closed Fridays.
Phone: (707) 778-4345
Fax: (707) 778-4419
Scott Duiven, Senior Planner
Phone: (707) 778-4511
Fax: (707) 778-4586