- Prevention & Technical Services
HELP PETALUMA BECOME A
HEARTSAFE COMMUNITY - LEARN CPR!
- Please review the information regarding earthquake preparation and the flyer for an upcoming local community emergency preparedness fair.
- Fire Chief's Welcome
- Mission & Values
- Strategic Priorities
- Annual Report FY 2012-2013
- Annual Report FY 2011 - 2012
- New Fire Department Headquarters Project Information
- Firefighter of the Year
- Feedback Form
- Sign up for emergency alerts using text messaging and social media
- Earthquake Prep Public Event
- Career Opportunities
- Organization Charts
The Petaluma Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services within the Petaluma city limits, Southern Sonoma County and a portion of Marin County. The service area covers 184 square miles and a population of 70,000 people. There are 58 paid personnel on staff; of these, 48 are divided among 3 platoons that work 24-hour rotating shifts. The minimum staffing for each shift is 15 which includes the staffing of two paramedic engine companies, one aerial ladder company and two paramedic advanced life support ambulances.
Serving and protecting the community of Petaluma is the department's primary goal through public education, through fire prevention and code enforcement, and through emergency response. Read the Welcome Message from the Chief and the Petaluma Fire Department Mission Statement.
- Station 1 (Fire Administration) – 198 'D' Street
- Station 2 (Training Facility) – 1001 N. McDowell Blvd.
- Station 3 – 831 S. McDowell Blvd.
- Fire Prevention Office (City Hall) – 22 Bassett Street
Contact InformationLarry B. Anderson, Fire Chief
Battalion Chief - Administration & EMS Division
Battalion Chief - Support Services Division
Battalion Chief - Operations & Training
Battalion Chief - Communications & Technology
Petaluma Fire Department Location:
198 ‘D’ St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
alternative emergency phone:
Fire Prevention Bureau Location:
22 Bassett Street
11 English Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
City of Petaluma Special Event/Emergency Hotline 781-1283