- Prevention & Technical Services
HELP PETALUMA BECOME A
HEARTSAFE COMMUNITY - LEARN CPR!
PUT A FREEZE ON WINTER HOLIDAY FIRES
Home fires occur more in winter than in any other season. As you stay cozy and warm this winter season, be fire smart!
Following a few simple fire safety tips can prevent a tragedy and help ensure a happy and safe holiday.
- Half of all home heating fires occur in the months of December, January and February.
- Have a qualified professional clean and inspect your chimney every year. Store cooled ashes in a tightly covered metal container and keep it outside at least 10 feet from your home and any nearby buildings.
- Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from any heat source like fireplaces, wood stoves, radiators, or space heaters.
- Plug only 1 heat-producing appliance (such as a space heater) into an electrical outlet at a time.
- Keep portable generators outside, away from windows, and as far away as possible from your house. Install and test carbon monoxide alarms at least once a month.
- Career Opportunities
- Organization Charts
The Petaluma Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services within the Petaluma city limits, Southern Sonoma County and a portion of Marin County. The service area covers 184 square miles and a population of 70,000 people. There are 58 paid personnel on staff; of these, 48 are divided among 3 platoons that work 24-hour rotating shifts. The minimum staffing for each shift is 15 which includes the staffing of two paramedic engine companies, one aerial ladder company and two paramedic advanced life support ambulances.
Serving and protecting the community of Petaluma is the department's primary goal through public education, through fire prevention and code enforcement, and through emergency response. Read the Welcome Message from the Chief and the Petaluma Fire Department Mission Statement.
- Station 1 (Fire Administration) – 198 'D' Street
- Station 2 (Training Facility) – 1001 N. McDowell Blvd.
- Station 3 – 831 S. McDowell Blvd.
- Fire Prevention Office (City Hall) – 22 Bassett Street
Leonard Thompson, Fire Chief
Battalion Chief - Fire Administration - Training
Fire Marshal/Battalion Chief – Fire Prevention & Technical Services Division
Battalion Chief - Support Services Division
Battalion Chief - Operations & Disaster Preparedness
Battalion Chief - Communications, Technology, Safety & Wellness
Petaluma Fire Department Location:
198 ‘D’ St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
alternative emergency phone:
Fire Prevention Bureau Location:
22 Bassett Street
11 English Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
City of Petaluma Special Event/Emergency Hotline 781-1283