- Prevention & Technical Services
New! Watch Petaluma's Emergency Operations Center in action (produced by PCA.TV)
HELP PETALUMA BECOME A
HEARTSAFE COMMUNITY - LEARN CPR!
Keep children safe from fire and burns
Some children are curious about fire. There are simple steps you can take to keep you and the people you love safer from fire and burns.
- Keep children 3 feet away from anything that can get hot. Space heaters and stove-tops can cause terrible burns. Keep children at least 3 feet away from stoves, heaters or anything that gets hot.
- Keep smoking materials locked up in a high place. Never leave cigarette lighters or matches where children can reach them.
- Never play with lighters or matches when you are with your children. Children may try to do the same things they see you do.
- Career Opportunities
- Organization Charts
The Petaluma Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services within the Petaluma city limits, Southern Sonoma County and a portion of Marin County. The service area covers 184 square miles and a population of 70,000 people. There are 58 paid personnel on staff; of these, 48 are divided among 3 platoons that work 24-hour rotating shifts. The minimum staffing for each shift is 15 which includes the staffing of two paramedic engine companies, one aerial ladder company and two paramedic advanced life support ambulances.
Serving and protecting the community of Petaluma is the department's primary goal through public education, through fire prevention and code enforcement, and through emergency response. Read the Welcome Message from the Chief and the Petaluma Fire Department Mission Statement.
- Station 1 (Fire Administration) – 198 'D' Street
- Station 2 (Training Facility) – 1001 N. McDowell Blvd.
- Station 3 – 831 S. McDowell Blvd.
- Fire Prevention Office (City Hall) – 22 Bassett Street
Leonard Thompson, Fire Chief
Battalion Chief - Fire Administration - Training
Fire Marshal/Battalion Chief – Fire Prevention & Technical Services Division
Battalion Chief - Support Services Division
Battalion Chief - Operations & Disaster Preparedness
Battalion Chief - Communications, Technology, Safety & Wellness
Petaluma Fire Department Location:
198 ‘D’ St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
alternative emergency phone:
Fire Prevention Bureau Location:
22 Bassett Street
11 English Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
City of Petaluma Special Event/Emergency Hotline 781-1283