- Prevention & Technical Services
New! Watch Petaluma's Emergency Operations Center in action (produced by PCA.TV)
HELP PETALUMA BECOME A
HEARTSAFE COMMUNITY - LEARN CPR!
When fire starts, deadly smoke can fill your home within minutes. If there is a fire in your home you have less than three minutes to get out. That's why we want you to plan and practice home fire drills.
- Have a meeting place outside your home where all family members know to go.
- Get out and Stay Out! NEVER re-enter the house for anything until the Fire Department tells you it is safe to do so. After you are outside, call 911.
- Ensure that doors and windows open easily.
- Crawl low under smoke to get out.
- Make a fire escape plan around your abilities. If you need to use a wheelchair or cane, make sure you can get to it quickly and get out easily.
- If you wear hearing aids or eyeglasses, put them next to your bed while you are sleeping so you can grab them quickly as you leave.
- Career Opportunities
- Organization Charts
The Petaluma Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services within the Petaluma city limits, Southern Sonoma County and a portion of Marin County. The service area covers 184 square miles and a population of 70,000 people. There are 58 paid personnel on staff; of these, 48 are divided among 3 platoons that work 24-hour rotating shifts. The minimum staffing for each shift is 15 which includes the staffing of two paramedic engine companies, one aerial ladder company and two paramedic advanced life support ambulances.
Serving and protecting the community of Petaluma is the department's primary goal through public education, through fire prevention and code enforcement, and through emergency response. Read the Welcome Message from the Chief and the Petaluma Fire Department Mission Statement.
- Station 1 (Fire Administration) – 198 'D' Street
- Station 2 (Training Facility) – 1001 N. McDowell Blvd.
- Station 3 – 831 S. McDowell Blvd.
- Fire Prevention Office (City Hall) – 22 Bassett Street
Leonard Thompson, Fire Chief
Battalion Chief - Fire Administration
Interim Fire Marshal – Fire Prevention & Technical Services Division
Battalion Chief - Support Services Division
Battalion Chief - Operations & Disaster Preparedness
Battalion Chief - Communications, Technology, Safety & Wellness, Training
Petaluma Fire Department Location:
198 ‘D’ St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
alternative emergency phone:
Fire Prevention Bureau Location:
22 Bassett Street
11 English Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
City of Petaluma Special Event/Emergency Hotline 781-1283