- Railroad Quiet Zones
Effective April 19, 2017, the City of Petaluma has established a railroad “Quiet Zone” at all public street crossings in Petaluma. This means that SMART and freight trains will not regularly sound the horn when trains cross public streets. Even though the quiet zone is established, train operators may still sound horns in emergencies and when crossing warning systems have malfunctioned or are temporarily out of service during inspection, maintenance, or testing of the system. Please be aware of this change and take precautions while crossing the tracks. If you have questions about quiet zone rules and regulations, please feel free to visit the Federal Rail Administration’s website at: https://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0889
Tree Work on Sonoma Mountain Parkway: PG&E is replacing trees between Corona Road and Madison Street. The project began in January and is expected to last til March. Work hours will be between 8am and 5pm. More info...
- Visit the City's rainfall and stream gauge site. This link has been changed since last rainy season. More info...
- Emergency Sandbags
The City Of Petaluma NO LONGER ACCEPTS PASSPORT APPLICATIONS
- Petaluma refuse, waste and recycling is handled by Petaluma Refuse and Recycling. Read more and link web site for recycling information.
- New Business Toolkit Released
- City Council Goals for 2017 and 2018. Download
- Housing Element Update
- Current EV Charging Stations in Petaluma
- Short Term Vacation Rentals
- OPEN COUNTER - NEW ONLINE PERMIT TOOL Try our interactive tool to help you identify and estimate the permits and costs associated with your business
- Railroad Quiet Zones
- Frequently Visited
- Petaluma Community Development Successor Agency
- Pay your water/waster bills via telephone. English announcement / Spanish announcement. More information...
- Petaluma Water Ways information - Read more...
- Animal Services
- Street Closures
- Adopted Budgets
- Employment Opportunities
- Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Videos
- Petaluma Transit
- Public GIS Portal
- Senior Center
- Emergency Info
- Check out the City of Petaluma's app, engagEPetaluma
- Water Quality Report 2015
- Mandatory Recycling for Businesses - Effective, July 1, 2012, new State law requires recycling. Read more.
- Petaluma SMART Rail Station Areas: TOD Master Plan. For more information…
- Press Release - Denman Reach Phase 3 grant approved. More Information
- Petaluma Railroad Trestle
- 2012 Petaluma Traffic Safety Report
- Rainier Scoping Session held Tuesday, August 30. More Information
- Petaluma Theatre District Documents. For more information.
- GANN Appropriations Limit Calculation for FY 2011-2012
- City of Petaluma - General Plan 2025
- Community Rating System (CRS) – Annual Recertification Report
- Departmental Reports
- Central Petaluma Specific Plan
- Lynch Creek Trail Project
- Water Conservation
11 English Street (Map It)
Petaluma, CA 94952
Monday - Thursday
City of Petaluma Event Hotline: 781-1283
Petaluma Video Tour