Welcome to the Petaluma Police Department's Online Citizen Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
If your situation meets the online reporting criteria, you are ready to file your report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you received a pop-up box while answering the five questions you may not file a report online at this time. Please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section for further information.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
Penal Code section 148.5. (a) Every person who reports to any peace officer listed in Section 830.1 or 830. subdivision (a) of Section 830.33, district attorney, or deputy district attorney that a felony or misdemeanor has been committed, knowing the report to be false, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
To select your incident type and file a report, please click here.